Business Analyst, Sales
At Bravado Designs, our purpose is to inspire every new Mom to breastfeed and help support her to succeed in her breastfeeding journey. We believe that our success is dependent on the superior design in our products and a very strong collaboration and bond between our sales, design, and marketing teams to deliver a great brand experience.
Who You Are:
You are a Business Analyst professional with a passion for details, data analysis, and finding insights to help drive business. You love being a part of a dynamic team and would like to work for a fantastic and growing company.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Finance, the Business Analyst, Sales will collect and analyze data, produce sales and finance reports, and provide analysis and insights to assist in the strategic management and development of the organization using data from Customer POS and other business systems. This role is responsible for all aspects of tracking, forecasting and reporting on sales results. The Analyst will provide the interpretation of data from the Business Intelligence (BI) tool by using this data to create reports and presentations. In addition, the Business Analyst, Sales will contribute to organizational strategic initiatives through the coordination and presentation of meaningful data analysis as it relates to all aspects of our business.
The Business Analyst, Sales is an integral part of the Sales and Operations planning process in supporting the organization’s production planning, inventory management and financial planning functions. The Analyst is expected to work collaboratively with our business partners in the Sales, Marketing and Operations teams.
The Analyst needs to be an effective critical thinker, asks questions, understand data, and draw accurate and relevant conclusions with recommendations for decision making to Bravado’s management team. This will be accomplished by paying meticulous attention to detail using effective communication, active listening, time management, and analytical skills.
- In-depth business analysis on a weekly/monthly basis for key accounts that provide POS data to uncover business trends and insights (i.e. Amazon and Target)
- Analyze current and past sales trends by brand, products, SKU, customers, regions, etc.
- Monitor performance indicators highlighting trends and analyzing unexpected variances and report to key stakeholders
- Produce monthly and quarterly sales reports and distribute to Senior Leadership team members
- Help improve and develop requirements of Business Intelligence Tool reports for value-added decision-making
- Investigate, analyze and evaluate current Sales and Marketing activities including the e-commerce channel (i.e. promotions and launches) and combine it with historical data and use to create monthly forecasts and measure forecast accuracy
- Assist with special ad hoc projects by providing data analysis
- Create ad hoc reports using Excel from the B.I. tool as required for review and decision making
- Responsible for preparing and supporting forecast assumptions and providing key deliverable to the business including monthly forecasts and preparation of annual sales budget
- Present monthly demand forecast to Sales team and Management team through Sales and Operations Planning
- Work with Sales, Marketing and Operations teams to accurately reflect recent trends in all modeling work, such as understanding the background information for current results
- Make recommendations regarding process improvements to forecast accuracy
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added or modified as required throughout the course of your employment.
- Post-secondary education in Business (including financial accounting courses), Economics or Statistics
- Minimum 3-5 years business analyst experience is required, and minimum 10 years work experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with supply chain planning terms and methods (lead times, safety stock, promotional lifts, days of supply, inventory turns, etc.)
- Experience with Amazon and Target Portals and working with POS Data is an asset
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite with advanced Excel skills
- Experience working with a Business Intelligence tool is an asset
- Excellent analytical skills with proven experience interpreting data and gathering insights to facilitate business decisions
Essential Requirements within Bravado’s culture:
Demonstrates the key Bravado Values and must be: Collaborative, Respectful, Fantastic, Optimistic, and Accountable
- Enthusiastic about and aligned with our values
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Results-oriented, highly motivated, enthusiastic individual who takes ownership
- Collaborative style in a team-oriented environment, yet works effectively on an independent basis
- Takes initiative, and is flexible, adaptable and resilient in approach
- Ability to quickly develop rapport and trust
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, and presentation skills, excellent email etiquette, and persuasion skills, plus the ability to communicate concisely and clearly with people in other cultures, as required
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills to understand needs and goals to be achieved
- Proven critical thinking skills necessary for problem-solving, conflict resolution, decision-making
- Effective time management, planning and execution skills to meet required timelines
- Proven skill set as a strategic thinker with the ability to plan, execute and achieve results
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities, and follow-up
- Proven ability to multi-task with a variety of projects, and manage changing priorities based on business needs
- Enthusiastic about and aligned with our mission to help every new mother have a successful breastfeeding experience
- Must work out of Bravado’s Toronto office Monday - Friday
Bravado Designs is a fragrance-free environment
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Bravado Designs Ltd. is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the
Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Bravado Designs
Ltd. will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this opportunity and have the skills and experience required, we invite you to send your
covering letter and resume to: email@example.com and in the
subject line quote the position title and
date of application. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity, however, only those selected for an interview
will be contacted.