Director, International Business Development
At Bravado Designs, our purpose is to inspire every new Mom to breastfeed and help support her to succeed in her breastfeeding journey. We believe that our success is dependent on the superior design in our products and a very strong collaboration and bond between our sales, design, and marketing teams to deliver a great brand experience.
The Director of International Business Development is expected to manage and grow the Bravado business with a select portfolio of distributors and key accounts in the designated markets. The Director will lead the business development and account management strategy for the priorities and build strong strategic partnerships resulting in profit and share growth. The Director will be expected to lead the strategic sales planning and execution process to achieve strategic priorities of the Company in these markets.
The Director of International Business Development will specifically be responsible for managing distributor relationships in Asia and the Middle East while developing key accounts in various markets that are not covered by distributors. Additional responsibilities will include managing the strategic sales partnership between alignment with Bravado Designs Ltd. and Medela AG based in Switzerland.
- Leads the sales effort to have the highest impact on our customers’ success
- Ensure that Bravado Designs and our business partners are implementing the strategies that build Brand Equity in all key markets
- Ensure that Bravado is strategically aligned with Retail customers specifically in Baby and Online channels while identifying opportunities in Lingerie, Maternity and Department Store channels in key markets
- Develop high-level relationships with key accounts and key opinion leaders that elevate the position of Bravado
- Lead customer engagement through strategic participation in conferences and trade shows
- Collaborate with the Toronto-based Marketing and Design teams to ensure that Bravado is engaging customers to maximize share and profits while also meeting customers’ goals
- Ensure that the sales effort in key markets are providing insight-driven thought-leadership to customers
- Lead the strategic planning process for sales and collaborate with customers in the budgeting process
- Work closely with distributors to lead the sales forecasting activities by product and channel, and work collaboratively with the Toronto-based Finance team
- Develop market entry strategies in various markets that represent significant opportunity
- Effectively lead key initiatives with internal business partners specifically in Marketing, Supply Chain & Logistics, and Finance to achieve business priorities and results
- Lead Business Development for Medela AG – this includes meeting sales targets, alignment on key initiatives and ensuring Bravado is meeting objectives that are outlined in the business plan
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added or modified as required throughout the course of your employment.
- Post-secondary education in business management
- Minimum 8+ years’ experience in sales leadership in Asia with significant experience working in China
- 15+ years’ experience such as professional sales account management, merchandising, and business development
- Experience in the fashion and apparel, or luxury industry is preferred
- Prior experience or working knowledge in production and design in the fashion and apparel industry is preferred
- Prior experience with intimate apparel is an asset
- A skilled verbal presenter, negotiator and advanced PowerPoint presentation skills
- Proven skills using Microsoft Suite
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and oral
- Ability to communicate orally in Mandarin or Cantonese, and in writing in Simplified Chinese
Essential Requirements within Bravado’s culture:
- Demonstrates the key Bravado Values and must be: Collaborative, Respectful, Fantastic, Optimistic, Accountable
- Enthusiastic about and aligned with our mission and values to help every new mother have a successful breastfeeding experience
- Proven skill set as a strategic thinker with the ability to plan and execute and achieve sales results
- Proven leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and negotiation skills
- Results-oriented, highly motivated, enthusiastic individual who takes ownership
- Collaborative style in a team-oriented environment, yet works effectively on an independent basis
- Takes initiative, and is flexible, adaptable and resilient in approach
- Ability to quickly develop rapport and trust
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, and presentation skills, excellent email etiquette, and persuasion skills, plus the ability to communicate concisely and clearly with people in other cultures, as required
- Proven critical thinking skills necessary for problem-solving, conflict resolution, decision-making
- Effective time management, planning and execution skills
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities, and follow up
- Travel is required regularly, approximately 6-8 international trips per year
- Must have a valid passport and applicable travel visas
- Bravado Designs is a fragrance-free environment
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Bravado Designs Ltd. is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the
Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Bravado Designs
Ltd. will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this opportunity and have the skills and experience required, we invite you to send your
covering letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and in the
subject line quote the position title and
date of application. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity, however, only those selected for an interview
will be contacted.