Senior Technical Designer
At Bravado Designs, our purpose is to inspire every new Mom to breastfeed and help support her to succeed in her breastfeeding journey. We believe that our success is dependent on the superior design in our products and a very strong collaboration and bond between our sales, design, and marketing teams to deliver a great brand experience.
The Senior Technical Designer is accountable to deliver both Design’s creative vision and the Bravado Mom’s expectations through the fit, construction, and quality of our product from concept through to first production run to meet deliverables within agreed upon timelines.
This role will work collaboratively with our Design and Operations teams to ensure we flawlessly execute throughout the entire product development process.
This is accomplished through effective project management skills, excellent pattern making capabilities, manufacturing knowledge, as well as proactive and collaborative communication with our internal cross-functional partners and external vendor base.
- Accountable to:
- Understand Technical Design’s role in the product development and stage gate processes
- Manage tools, files, and manuals used by the Technical Design Department
- Be accountable for all files associated with style approval, including; final production pattern, approved tech pack, etc.
- Travel to factories and work with technical teams to troubleshoot, educate, and understand factory capabilities as required
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT
- Lead the product development process from Concept through to 1st bulk for assigned projects and tasks
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure all milestone deadlines and deliverables are met
- Identify product issues to management, so they can be resolved
- Track workflow and provide status updates on projects as necessary
- Lead departmental and cross-departmental meetings as appropriate
- Accountable to:
- Partner with Design to translate and execute Design’s vision to the Bravado Mom
- Understand Design’s creative vision, including; silhouette, fabrication, fit intent, and design details
- Proactively recommend solutions that will ensure Design’s intent, fit, construction, quality, timelines, and costs are met
- Be accountable for all aspects of the fit, quality, and construction of Bravado product from Concept through to 1st Bulk:
- Manage and maintain Grading standards and manage exceptions effectively
- Manage and maintain Bravado’s ‘How to Measure’ Manual
- Manage and maintain Bravado’s Tech Pack Template
- Ensure size and fit consistency and manage all size charts
SAMPLE DEVELOPMENT AND APPROVAL
- Be accountable to ensure design and fit intent is translated into bulk, while making production friendly garments
- Execute design and fit intent into bulk production while maintaining corporate standards
- Create accurate and detailed tech packs with measurements, construction, and product requirements
- Communicate fit comments to factory outlining pattern, construction, and workmanship corrections through the Tech Pack using effective communication methods such as video conferencing, etc.
- Prepare, inspect, and evaluate prototype and conceptual samples for company meetings and fittings
- Lead fit meetings on a live model and make appropriate recommendations to the team
- Identify and proactively engage business partners when issues arise with recommendations for viable options/solutions and escalate issues to the manager, as required
- Collaborate with the Operations team, specifically Quality Assurance and Procurement teams, to ensure quality assurance standards are met and issues resolved, as required
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added or modified as required throughout the course of your employment.
- Post Secondary education in Fashion Design
- Minimum 5+ years Industry experience in a related position with Intimate Apparel experience
- Proven track record for delivering successful products to-market
- Experience working with seamless products and “close to the body” fit
- Working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- PLM or PDM system experience preferred
- Excellent knowledge of garment manufacturing
- Intermediate or better proficiency using Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word
Essential Requirements within Bravado’s culture:
- Demonstrates the key Bravado Values and must be: Collaborative, Respectful, Fantastic, Optimistic, Accountable
- Enthusiastic about and aligned with our values
- Results-oriented, highly motivated, enthusiastic individual who takes ownership
- Collaborative style in a team-oriented environment, yet works effectively on an independent basis
- Takes initiative, and is flexible, adaptable and resilient in approach
- The ability to drive execution of a project from start to finish and engage cross functional partners
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, and presentation skills, excellent email etiquette, and persuasion skills, plus the ability to communicate concisely and clearly with people in other cultures, as required
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills
- Proven critical thinking skills necessary for problem-solving, conflict resolution, decision-making, and research
- Effective time management, planning, and execution skills
- Proven skill-set as a strategic thinker with the ability to plan and execute and achieve results
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities, and follow up
- Excellent understanding of the Bravado aesthetic
- Enthusiastic about and aligned with our mission to help every new mother have a successful breastfeeding experience
- Available to travel globally on a limited basis
- Valid Passport and Driver’s License
- Must work out of Bravado’s Toronto office
- Core office hours are Monday - Friday
- Bravado Designs is a fragrance-free environment
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Bravado Designs Ltd. is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the
Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Bravado Designs
Ltd. will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this opportunity and have the skills and experience required, we invite you to send your
covering letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and in the
subject line quote the position title and
date of application. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity, however, only those selected for an interview
will be contacted.